Friday, December 24, 2010

Missing loved ones on Christmas!

Well, only a few hours until Christmas! I am thankful that I have a wonderful husband and 2 great kids! Even though I am 35 years old, I still miss my parents on Christmas. My father died when I was 8, and my mother passed away when I was 21. It seems like I don't even think about it until something reminds me of them, then it hits me!

My aunt sent me a small gift this year--a pair of pajamas. I almost cried when I opened them because when mom was alive, she would always buy us a new pair of pajamas to wear on the Christmas eve...it was kind of a tradition. After she died, I did the same for my children, but I myself never got a pair. Something hit me when I opened up those pajamas. I began to think about how much I really missed my mother! She was the best! It is easy to feel sorry for yourself when you think about these things, but then I just began to think about how lucky I am to have a good husband and two healthy children this year. It really puts things into perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment