Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Day Off...or is it?

So it is Sunday, which for me means a day off! Unfortunately, things at home don't stop because mommy needs some rest. Do you ever find yourself trying to make up everything you can't do during the week on the weekends? Sometimes my days off leave me a lot more exhausted than work ever does!

Today was Christmas Sunday, so I had to make sure the boys were dressed up in their Christmas sweaters for church. Luke, my youngest who is 8, had been sick to his stomach for the last 48 hours, so I found myself following him around the house for the last two days making sure he was OK. My husband had to go to church early to turn on the heat then he ran off to pick up people and deliver them to church, and I had to go early and practice with the music team and the boys ever so excitedly tagged along.

Right after service, we went straight to a birthday party for my niece who just turned two. My husband failed to tell me about this party until about 11:00 P.M. the night before. So after scavenging for a present, we arrived at the party, the kids got hyped up on cake and ice cream, and now we are home again--jiggedy-jig!

Take a breath....ahhhh...

Now the boys are fighting over who gets to play the video games, even though mommy bought enough controllers for everyone. For some reason, threatening to call Santa on my cell phone has stopped working this year, and they do not care if I have a long conversation with him! It sure worked good last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment