Wednesday, December 22, 2010

You win some, You lose some!

Good News and Bad News!

My diet went down the toilet. I was able to stay away from Mountain dew or other Colas for two days, but that is about the extent of my success. I am hoping to find new ambition at the first of the year!

The good news is I just got my 13th project funded through Donorschoose.org! This site is unbelievable. Teachers submit a project request and people from all over America donate towards projects. When a project is fully funded, they ship the items to the school. It is amazing! My most recent project was for a Cricut Expressions machine and two cartridges. I cannot wait until I get the chance to use it!

The kids had a snow day today, so their Christmas vacation started early! Luke, my 8 year old, found this math program called "Timez Attack" that works on multiplication problems and he played it most of the morning. I love when the kids get into games that actually teach them something! I downloaded the free version, and they really love it.

Only 3 days until Christmas! It seems like time is really flying by! I procrastinated on a lot of my shopping this year, which was not very good. Thank goodness for Amazon! I love Amazon, especially now that they offer Amazon Prime for free for anyone enrolled in College! I usually place an order and have my stuff the next day! They have been having some great deals too. I got some great toys for about 75% off and with free shipping and no tax you can't beat it!

Well, I hopped on Youtube and was looking at commercials from the toys of my childhood! It was great! I was able to show my kids the toys mommy had! My favorite of all times is the AG bear. I really wish I had one of these now. They came out with them right after my father passed away when I was 8 years old, and my dad's name was AG. I decided I am going to keep my eyes open and see if I can pick one up on Ebay or through a thrift shop one day!

Do you have a favorite toy you remember as a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment