Monday, December 20, 2010

My Vacation Begins!

This is the first official day of my two week vacation from work! I am a teacher, so you fellow teachers know the amazing feeling of making it to that break!

I just got on the scale this morning and was horrified at what I saw. I could not believe I had let myself gain back 25 lbs in the last 4 months. That is ridiculous! I went from eating healthy and exercising every day, to eating everything I wanted and not exercising at all. I cannot believe I let myself do that. Now I am back to square one. None of my clothes fit and I feel terrible about my appearance. So since I am off today, and the kids still had school, I decided to begin a new healthy lifestyle today. First I thought I would try a little yoga...I lasted about 10 minutes! Then I thought I would try a simple exercise DVD, I lasted about 10 minutes.

I have managed to eat healthier today. I started out the morning with two pieces of toast and a bottle of Cran-Energy. I love Cran-Energy because it gives me the Caffeine of my colas, without the calories. Then I went and bought a chicken breast, cut it up and put some of it in a stir fry I created. It included the chicken breast, chopped celery, chopped carrots, chopped onions, diced tomatoes (I just use some from a can), salt, pepper and to top it off, a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese! A very low calorie meal that is super yummy. I do not use oil, I just spray my wok with a little cooking spray. I eat two slices of toast with it. I like to use that bread that is only 35 calories a slice and is whole grain--I buy it from the bread store because I can get it for 89 cents there, instead of the $3 it cost at the grocery!

I think I am going to jump on the treadmill now and try to get 30 minutes in somehow! I cannot believe I have let myself go this much! Oh well. I guess it does no good to cry over spilt milk. If I can start putting in 30 minutes a day, maybe I can be back in the habit by the time I go back to work! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment